- Narrated by:
- Length: 8 hrs and 35 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:11-24-15
- Publisher: Dreamspinner Press LLC
- Seth Simms never wanted to be a cowboy, although to listen to his best friend, Jason Thompson, tell it, he isn't one. He just happens to have lucked out in coming to live on Lang Downs with his brother 10 years ago. He found enough stability to finish high school and go off to university, but he never really believed Lang Downs would be the same haven for him that it had become for so many others. He's too messed up in the head. No one would accept someone with his issues.All his life, Jason has had one goal: to come home to Lang Downs as a resident veterinarian when they need his skills and jackaroo when they don't. And it means he gets to spend time with Seth during his occasional visits, even though his dream of going from friends to lovers is hopeless since Seth is straight.When Seth unexpectedly comes home to stay, Jason takes it as the boon it is. But juggling a relationship with another jackaroo and his friendship with Seth isn't easy, and that's before Jason realizes how deep Seth's issues run and how dangerously Seth chooses to cope with them.©2015 Ariel Tachna (P)2015 Dreamspinner Press
- Cat gives this one 5 Meows!
- This is a series. You can read alone as each book is mainly about a specific couple, but the overall story does touch on some unresolved issues from previous books or the overall ranch. I would advise in this book that reading the series may be in order, so you know who Jason and Seth are.
Jason has always lived on Lang Downs. His father is the shop manager and mechanic.
Seth came when he was a young teen and Maclin, and Cain saves his older brother Chris from a gay beating in town. Jason has always had a thing for Seth. Seth though he is his best friend had liked girls and dated when he got older. Jason went away to Vet school as he always dreams and Seth went to Sydney to mechanics school. Jason always figured Seth would come back but he moved in wth a girl in Sydney. Seth finally decides to go home and see what will happen with Jason to find him with a Jackaroo and it looks like they have a decent relationship.
- One great thing about this series is it's about the family dynamics of the life on the Station, not just the characters. We also get another story a much sadder one with Jeremy and Sam. Jeremy gets a call from Taylor Peak the neighboring station and Jeremy's home that Devlin, his homophobic brother that kicked him off the station has had a critical accident. Things get so sad here. I cried and cried.
There is so much going on but its fast paced and attention grabbing. I couldn't turn it off once I started. The story is beautifully written, Heart wrenching et sweet and sexy as well.
William James is the perfect voice for this story. He brings the characters to life, and he brings the station to life. I have listened to all five of these and couldn't imagine a different voice for the characters. William can make you cry , laugh and sigh in the proper place. I love the charming accents and even the attempts at the women's voices.
If you like cowboys( or sheep ranchers, foreign stories, Heat breaking yet happy stories, and a great all-over romance I highly recommend this series. Get them all and listen to them while you do your chores. Its a great time to pass away the day with a sweet romance.
I wish this series wasn't over. I am hoping maybe more in the future, please!
- Ariel Tachna lives outside of Houston with her husband, her daughter and son, and their cat. Before moving there, she traveled all over the world, having fallen in love with both France, where she found her husband, and India, where she dreams of retiring some day. She’s bilingual with snippets of four other languages to her credit, and is as in love with languages as she is with writing.
- Be sure to leave a comment to be entered into the TTC Books and more monthly comment giveaway. EVERY comment that is relevant to the specific post will be entered. Prizes include various gift cards and swag donated by Publishers, Authors and blog Owner. REMEMBER TO LEAVE YOUR CONTACT INFO! How else will I notify you if you win?