Beneath the Stain
- Narrated by:
- Length: 16 hrs and 36 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:04-09-15
- Publisher: Dreamspinner Press LLC
- In a town as small as Tyson, CA, everybody knew the four brothers with the four different fathers - and their penchant for making good music when they weren't getting into trouble. For Mackey Sanders, playing in Outbreak Monkey with his brothers and their friends - especially Grant Adams - made Tyson bearable. But Grant has plans for getting Mackey and the Sanders boys out of Tyson, even if that means staying behind.Between the heartbreak of leaving Grant and the terrifying, glamorous life of rock stardom, Mackey is adrift and sinking fast. When he's hit rock bottom, Trav Ford shows up, courtesy of their record company and a producer who wants to see what Mackey can do if he doesn't flame out first. But cleaning up his act means coming clean about Grant, and that's not easy to do or say. Mackey might make it with Trav's help - but Trav's not sure he's going to survive falling in love with Mackey.Mackey James Sanders comes with a whole lot of messy, painful baggage, and law-and-order Trav doesn't do messy or painful. And just when Trav thinks they may have mastered every demon in Mackey's past, the biggest, baddest demon of all comes knocking.©2014 Amy Lane (P)2015 Dreamspinner Press
- Listen to an Audio sample.
- If you could sum up Beneath the Stain in three words, what would they be?Wow! Simply Amazing!Who was your favorite character and why?That's hard to pick. I liked Mackay of course. He is a great main character, and I love a damaged man, but I loved Trav---strong and willing to take on such young boys, damaged and on the loose. And then there was Grant though left behind sorta sealed the story.What does Nick J. Russo bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience if you just read the book?I think Nick J Russo brought so much passion to this story that you wouldn't experience on your own. He didn't just read the book. He became the characters. Each had their own voice and the passion between Trav and Mackey was unfathomable. Nick made those love scenes with every breath, moan and whisper. He gave me shivers.Was there a moment in the book that particularly moved you?There were several. This entire book is compelling from the rehab to the scene at the end.
The love scenes left me breathless, and a couple of scenes one at the beginning and one near the end with Grant and Mackay left me in tears.Any additional comments?Rock band stories aren't in my favorite categories, but occasionally there is one that hits my radar. I love Amy Lane, and Nick J Russo is also on my must listen to list. I have heard so much about this book that I had to give it a go. I am so glad that I did.
Beneath the stain is about youth, poor boys suddenly tossed on their own into a world of drugs and sex, then getting help to clean up and become something. Just when you think Mackay has faced his demons and finds his happy, a big one pops up that could shake him and Trav apart.
There are so many characters in this story to love and so much drama, that even though it was 16 hours long I didn't want to stop (yes I finished ). If you like rock bands, angst, passion, an allover great romance and some very hot man-sex you should love this.
- Be sure to leave a comment to be entered into the TTC Books and more monthly comment giveaway. EVERY comment that is relevant to the specific post will be entered. Prizes include various gift cards and swag donated by Publishers, Authors and blog Owner. REMEMBER TO LEAVE YOUR CONTACT INFO! How else will I notify you if you win?