A Forced Silence
- Narrated by:
- Length: 5 hrs and 47 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:06-03-16
- Publisher: Dreamspinner Press LLC
- For paramedic Adam Carson, his world is lights and sirens and saving lives. Pressures at work keep him firmly in the closet, and life is too busy to contend with the complications that come with dating and relationships. When a familiar face from his past turns up where he least expects it, Adam starts to question whether or not there is room in his life for those complications.
The last person forensic pathologist Sam McKenna expects to see at pub night is Adam, the guy who made his life hell in high school. The attraction is instant, but Adam isn't gay and Sam has no interest in pursuing him. Still, the leftover animosity from their teenage years isn't enough to extinguish the lust growing between them. After both are called to the scene of a horrific murder, Adam admits he’s not as straight as he led Sam to believe and they seek comfort and distraction in each other's arms. One night becomes many as the murder investigation intensifies, but when Adam is faced with losing Sam, he is forced to make a choice: to break his silence, or to give up everything for the job he loves.
- Buy links: Dreamspinner Press | Amazon Audio | Audible | iTunes
- Cat gives this one 4.5 Meows with a 5 Purr heat index...
- Adam is a closeted paramedic. He is happy in his life. He has good friends and a partner that has his back. Then he sees an old friend from school that unlocks feelings from the past.
Sam is more than shocked when Adam keeps pressing to spend more time with him. When they were in school Adam picked on him all the time calling him Dex and teasing him. Finding out that Adam had a crush on him and wanted to see him romantically came as a shock.
Adam wants to be with Sam, but he also loves his job and knows he cannot come out. Sam understands the importance of Adam's job and lets him go.
A Forced Silence is a beautiful story with a lot going on. I described the romantic plot and Magor plot above. But what makes a good story great is underlying plots. With both men's occupations, there can be so many. We have both men called out to a particularly gruesome scene early in the story, and Sam is called to the scene to use I his forensics to help solve the crime. WE also have a side plot with Adam training a rookie Dustin that comes back to blow up in all of their faces.
The sex is smoking hot, and there is lots of action to kee the story from getting too bogged down from the romantic conflict. I am a fan of cliffhangers, and I say I didn't see this one coming. I was happily gobsmacked now I want the next book, Cate!
If you like hot paramedics, forensic scientists, coming out, second chances, twists, and hot man-sex you will like this one!
- Cate Ashwood wrote her very first story in a hot pink binder when she was in the second grade and found her passion for writing. Her first successful foray into romance writing came five years later when she wrote her best friend, who was experiencing a case of unrequited love, her own happily ever after.Cate’s life has taken a number of different and adventurous roads. She now lives a stone’s throw from the ocean, just outside of Vancouver, British Columbia with her husband, son, and two cats. Her life is filled with family and friends, travel, and, of course, books.