- Narrated by:
- Length: 12 hrs and 7 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:03-01-16
- Publisher: Dreamspinner Press LLC
- Aging bull rider Cody Grainger needs bullfighter Johnny Arrow for more than just protection in the ring. Their bond of trust goes beyond the professional and into love, but while their relationship holds up to the need for discretion imposed by their sport and repeatedly having to watch each other put themselves in the way of dangerous animals, other barriers still tear them apart.
For one thing, Cody is ten years older than Johnny. But instead of contemplating retirement, he focuses on winning the championship, desperate to stay on top. Johnny is only beginning to find the professional recognition he craves. When frustration leads Johnny to walk away, Cody’s season slumps. While they’re apart, they both slowly realize they are meant to be together. But machismo abounds in the sport of bull riding, and their pride might be an obstacle too big for love to overcome.
- Buy links: Dreamspinner Press | Amazon Audio | Audible | iTunes
- Cat gives this one 5 Meows with a 4 Purr heat index...
- (wish I had more Meows i would give the Narrator 5 and the Cover designer 5 too!)First of all, I want to say that I think this is one of my favorite covers all year.
Cody Granger is a grand-prize winning bull rider but he is getting up there in age. He is involved in a relationship with Johhny Arrow one of his ranch Parents hands and an up and coming bull fighter. They have been together over two years. Cody thinks things are perfect, Johnny is feeling controlled and needs some breathing room.
After a training session of four young cowboys, Johnny has had enough of Cody putting him down and making him feel kept so he leaves. Both men have to find their way but will it lead them back to each other?
Bullheaded is a very well written story with lots of intriguing characters. There are several smaller plots that follow along with the major one of the two men's break up. The story is in both Johnny and Cody's view so you are getting like three stories in one.
The sex is hot as well. I want to warn you that this book is 340 pages if your reading and 12 hours and 7 minutes if you are listening. You will be hooked and want to keep going once you start.
This is my first book narrated by Derrick McClain. I will be searching for more of his for sure. He has a voice smooth and sweet as honey and yet he can nail several voices for different characters. I absolutely loved his announce voice.
If you like bull riders, bullfighters, rodeos, second chances, and some hot man-sex this is a must read. I highly recommend it.
Catt Ford lives in front of the computer monitor, in another world where her imaginary gay friends obey her every command.She likes cats, chocolate, swing dancing, sleeping, Monty Python, Aussie friends, being silly, spinning other realities with words, and sea glass. She dislikes caterpillars, cigarette smoke, and rude people who think the F-word (as in faggot, or bundle of sticks) is acceptable.A frustrated perfectionist, she comforts herself with the legend about the weavers of Persian rugs always including one mistake so as not to anger the gods, although she has no need to include a mistake on purpose. One always slips through. Writing fiction has filled a need for clever conversations, only possible when one is in control of both sides, and erotic romances, where everything for the most part turns out happily ever after.Visit Catt's blog at http://catt-ford.livejournal.com/.