- Narrated by:
- Length: 6 hrs and 53 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:01-31-14
- Publisher: Dreamspinner Press LLC
- Caine Neiheisel is stuck in a dead-end job at the end of a dead-end relationship when the chance of a lifetime falls in his lap. His mother inherits her uncle's sheep station in New South Wales, Australia, and Caine sees it as the opportunity to start over, out on the range where his stutter won't hold him back and his willingness to work will surely make up for his lack of knowledge. Unfortunately, Macklin Armstrong, the foreman of Lang Downs who should be Caine's biggest ally, alternates between being cool and downright dismissive, and the other hands are more amused by Caine's American accent than they are moved by his plight... until they find out he's gay and their amusement turns to scorn. It will take all of Caine's determination-and an act of cruel sabotage by a hostile neighbor-to bring the men of Lang Downs together and give Caine and Macklin a chance at love.
- Buy links: Dreamspinner Press | Amazon Audio | Audible | iTunes
- Cat gives this one 5 Meows with a 3 Purr heat index...
- Caine's Mother inherits a sheep station in Australia and after a breakup with his lover, feeling stuck in a dead-end job, he wants to move to Australia and run the station. It's a big adjustment in a new place and meeting the hot foreman that at first is distant.
Macklin is in the closet and wants to stay that way, but the sexy new blow in pushes all his buttons. His main fear is that Caine will leave or sell the station. Macklin has never had any type of relationship and has many fears to come over. Will Caine win him over and prove himself or will the change be too much for him?
Inherit the Sky is a fabulous story of two men learning new things about themselves, falling in love, saving a sheep station and coming out.
I loved William James Narration His voice is soothing and I loved his Australian accent for the Australian characters.
If you like stories from abroad, sheep ranches, starting over, coming out and a lovely romance you will love this one!
- Ariel Tachna lives outside of Houston with her husband, her daughter and son, and their cat. Before moving there, she traveled all over the world, having fallen in love with both France, where she found her husband, and India, where she dreams of retiring some day. She’s bilingual with snippets of four other languages to her credit, and is as in love with languages as she is with writing.